After activities (like events or phone banks) make sure you take time to debrief, sharing what worked and what was challenging. This allows us to draw out lessons, so our future work is increasingly impactful, as well as giving room to notice what we’ve achieved together.
Getting clear about the key roles in your group and who can take them on is an important step for your action group. Make sure the roles are clear for everyone on the team, and when you write them down it also helps new members understand how the group works and who to contact for questions. Roles that are important for a group to function well can include:
- Coordinator – Coordinates group sustainability
- Secretary – Convenes group meetings
- Organising Coordinator –Builds relationships
- Campaign Coordinator – Leads campaigns
- Training Coordinator – Leads trainings