GetUp East Adelaide - Boothby Calling Party
Nicolle Flint, the MP for Boothby, has been voted by our supporters as the most backwards politician in South Australia. Here are some reasons why:
* Voted twice for Peter Dutton in the Liberal Party leadership spill that saw Malcolm Turnbull removed as Prime Minister.
* Voted 26 times against a Royal Commission into the banking sector and said that calls to hold bank CEOs to accountability is "dangerous bank bashing".
* Considers that the ABC should give equal airtime to climate deniers as they do to climate scientists.
* When the ABC revealed the shocking abuse of Australian cattle in an Egyptian abattoir, Nicolle accused the ABC of bias because it didn't present the animals as food.
* Voted against the Medevac Bill, to prevent critically ill asylum seekers on Nauru and Manus Island from being transported to Australia for life saving medical treatment.
* Voted to remove Sunday and public holiday penalty rates.
* Voted to put welfare payments onto restricted debit (Indue) cards.
We think that Nicolle stands in the way of progression to a fair, flourishing and just Australia and we want to remove her from Parliament at the next election. So, can you join us at the GetUp East Adelaide Boothby calling party? We'll be calling the residents of Boothby and having powerful conversations with them. Full training will be provided and calls are free. Please bring your fully charged mobile phone and, if desired, a headset. You'll be joined by a fabulous new team of volunteers who share a passion for pursuing environmental justice, human rights, democracy and economic fairness.
RSVP on this page!