GetUp Book Club Discussion Group Dec 2018
- NSW, VIC, TAS, ACT: 8:00pm-9:30pm
- SA: 7:30pm- 9:00pm
- QLD: 7:00pm- 8:30pm
- WA: 5:00pm- 6:30pm
December Book: New Power by Jeremy Heimans and Henry Timms.
For most of human history, the rules of power were clear: power was something to be seized and then jealously guarded. This "old power" was out of reach for the vast majority of people. But our ubiquitous connectivity makes possible a different kind of power. "New power" is made by many. It is open, participatory, and peer-driven. It works like a current, not a currency--and it is most forceful when it surges. The battle between old and new power is determining who governs us, how we work, and even how we think and feel.
- New Power Ted Talk video: 15 min video of key concepts by the author.
- Harvard Business Review Article: summary of key concepts by the authors.
- Excerpt & 1A Podcast: excerpt from the book and 47 min podcast with the authors.
- Betaworks Podcast: 55 min podcast with the authors.
Sydney, NSW, Australia