GetUp Canberra North 2017 CELEBRATION!
You’re invited to celebrate our progress in 2017 with a laid back get-together at O'Malley's Pub!
- SHARE stories about what we’ve achieved together in 2017
- RELAX and REJUVENATE after a big year of work
Plus HAVE YOUR SAY in a one-hour workshop on:
- what national issue outcomes or campaigns you believe the GetUp movement should prioritise in 2018?
- what support or training GetUp does not provide currently that would be most useful for GetUp members in 2018?
- Thinking about your experience with the Action Group Network - what processes, systems or experiences worked well, and what could be improved or done differently?
We've got a lot to celebrate: nationally we achieved victory on marriage equality, and we sent a clear message to the tiny conservative right that the period when they can dictate to the majority of Australians is coming to an end.
- We've seriously hurt Adani's chances of getting their mine built;
- We've kept the pressure on government to treat refugees with compassion and humanity;
- plus most of all, we've launched our brand new Canberra North Action Group!
Let's get to know each other better and celebrate starting this amazing journey!