Angus Taylor wants to divert money from the government funded Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) and give it to the fossil fuel industry to frack our country!
Our leaders have a choice. Coming out of this health emergency, we could have an austerity driven “gas-lead recovery”, or we could have a renewables boom and green jobs for all! Don’t let Morrison, Taylor, and his mates in the fossil fuel industry steal our renewable future.
There has never been a more important time to plan for a fair, flourishing and just Australia. But we have to act now! We have until June 21st to make a difference.
There is a cap on RSVPs to keep social distancing practical. With limited places, please DO NOT RSVP unless you are certain you will be there.
- MPs care about the issues of concern to their local constituents, because their constituents can ultimately re-elect them or elect someone else if they’re unhappy about how they’re being represented.
- MPs don’t receive many letters, so they take them seriously.
- They know that a handwritten letter represents a greater level of commitment than an email and give them a greater reason to respond to your letter. Some MPs even go so far as to call to provide a response.
- They are more personal and memorable than emails.
- a backgrounder for the campaign to help you understand the strategy
- a guide for calling Angus Taylor to add some perspectives
- a link for accessing Federal politicians contact details and to use postcode search for your MP's details. Click your MP's name for options to contact their office.
What: Letter Writing Party