Barton Letter Writing Party Sun 14 Jun 2020
Angus Taylor wants to divert money from the government funded Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) and give it to the fossil fuel industry to frack our country!
Our leaders have a choice. Coming out of this health emergency, we could have an austerity driven “gas-lead recovery”, or we could have a renewables boom and green jobs for all! Don’t let Morrison, Taylor, and his mates in the fossil fuel industry steal our renewable future.
There has never been a more important time to plan for a fair, flourishing and just Australia. But we have to act now! We have until June 21st to make a difference.
There is a cap on RSVPs to keep social distancing practical. With limited places, please DO NOT RSVP unless you are certain you will be there.
- MPs care about the issues of concern to their local constituents, because their constituents can ultimately re-elect them or elect someone else if they’re unhappy about how they’re being represented.
- MPs don’t receive many letters, so they take them seriously.
- They know that a handwritten letter represents a greater level of commitment than an email and give them a greater reason to respond to your letter. Some MPs even go so far as to call to provide a response.
- They are more personal and memorable than emails.
- a backgrounder for the campaign to help you understand the strategy
- a guide for calling Angus Taylor to add some perspectives
- a link for accessing Federal politicians contact details and to use postcode search for your MP's details. Click your MP's name for options to contact their office.
What: Letter Writing Party
Earlwood, NSW, Australia